Children's Assistance Program (CAP)
CAP helps working parents by providing limited financial assistance for summer camp, after-school care, and daycare for qualifying Boca Raton or Boynton Beach residents of 1 year or longer. Those interested in applying for CAP have to go through a specific screening process to meet the criteria to be approved. Children must already be enrolled in order to apply for financial assistance.
Due to COVID -19, we are requesting all information to be scanned as individual documents and emailed to Trina Chin Cheong at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only until all of these details are submitted can we open cases for review. Pending cases with outstanding documents will remain open for a minimum period of 7 days after being submitted, after such time they will be considered closed.
- Valid Identification - applicants must present a valid state provided form of identification (e.g. driver's license, passport, etc.)
- A birth certificate for each child - this is the only proof we can use to ensure that the individual(s) who are applying for financial assistance are the legal parent(s) or guardian(s). There are no suitable substitutes for a birth certificate.
- Childcare Invoice - An invoice from the child's afterschool, summer camp or day care provider for the amount being charged to the parent/guardian. All documents requesting payment must include a current date, invoice number and full break down of relevant fees.
- Employment Verification - Proof of parent/guardian's income and hours worked. Last 3 pay stubs is preferred, however we can also accept the most recent tax return or suitable legal document from employer confirming hours worked.
- If parent/guardian is a full-time student, proof of enrollment and credits will be required and substitute employment verification.
- Last 3 months of bank statements - for all accounts in the name of the parent/guardian. If appropriate, bank accounts held by both parents must be presented at the time of screening.
- Proof of residency in Boca Raton or Boynton Beach for a year or more - this can be verified through your lease or mortgage, although alternative forms of proof of residency may be acceptable, but will need to be approved on a case by case basis by the Review Committee.
- Completion of the Boca Helping Hands Income & Expenditure Statement found here.