Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
At this time, there are no appointments or in person meetings due to COVID-19. Please call us at (561) 417-0913 for more information.
Boca Helping Hands is closed on all major holidays.
Boca Helping Hands provides limited financial assistance to qualifying Boca Raton and Boynton Beach residents in crisis. Clients may receive financial assistance with rent (must have a 3-day notice from landlord), utilities (must have a final notice from FPL and water department; BHH does not cover deposits or reconnect fees), and childcare (through our Children's Assistance Program). Each situation is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
In accordance with Boca Helping Hands’ financial resource policies, all of the documents listed below must be submitted in order for our staff to assess financial cases for payment. Due to COVID -19, we request that applicants scan all the required documents below as individual documents and email them to Trina Chin Cheong at email@example.com. Only after all of these details are submitted can we open cases for review. Pending cases with outstanding documents will remain open for a minimum period of 7 days after being submitted, after which they will be considered closed if any outstanding documents are not received.
Required Documents for Rent/Utilities Financial Assistance:
- Proof that you have lived in Boca Raton or Boynton Beach for a year or more (current and previous lease or mortgage document)
- Proof of All income: last three months of bank statements (all accounts)
- Proof of employment: last three pay slips and/or if applicable, proof of unemployment due to the COVID-19 shutdown (example: letter from employer or proof of unemployment benefits/registration)
- Valid Identification - Picture ID
- FPL bill or Water bill or Final rent notices (copies of all outstanding months) with proof of your portion paid and any other agency commitments, if applicable
- Completion of the Boca Helping Hands Income & Expenditure Statement found here
- Completion of the FPL Authorization found here
- Explanation as to why you are having difficulty paying the bills
- Children's Assistance Program: CAP helps working parents by providing limited financial assistance for summer camp, after-school care, and day care for qualifying Boca Raton residents of 1 year or longer. Those interested in applying for CAP have to go through a specific screening process to meet criteria to be approved. Children must already be enrolled in order to apply for financial assistance. More information can be found here.
- Discounted Bus Passes (temporarily suspended): Individuals wishing to purchase discounted 31-day Palm Tran bus passes can do so at Boca Helping Hands on Tuesdays from 9:00am – 12:30pm. 1-day bus passes are also available for purchase. Discounted rates depend on income eligibility. In order to purchase discounted bus passes, individuals must provide accepted valid documentation based on Palm Tran’s guidelines. A complete list of accepted documentation can be found here.
Note: Financial assistance is rendered as available. Not all clients qualify, nor are funds available to assist every qualified applicant. Boca Helping Hands has the final determination of the amount of financial aid rendered if any.